Friday, February 27, 2015

A Creative Process Update

For those of you who have been eagerly anticipating the announcement that Serene Courage has been finished need only wait for one additional week. If everything goes as planned, both the story and the first edit will be completed by next weekend. Of course, this will only be the beginning of the long process needed to actually have it ready for its release in late spring/early summer of this year. Just so you know, I’m starting to get a little antsy myself about getting this story out there, but I also don’t want to get so caught up in the excitement of it all that I don’t finish as well as I began.

Know that I am working as best as I can to have this novel to you as quickly as possible, and in doing so, I must rely on certain key individuals who give of their time to help me complete the entirety of this process.  First is the talented cover artist whose creation will be nothing short of a beautiful reflection of the story that will lie beneath. Second is one of the most crucial individuals in my overall editing process who just happens to be my husband. I would like to give him a great big shout out for his willingness to take on the responsibility of being the very first set of eyes that will read the roughest version. While romance would never be his genre of choice, he gives it his best and is the harshest critic to date, which is exactly what I need to produce the best for you. Third, but by no means least, are the beta readers who offer an author’s most sought after perspective. Over the next few months, all these individuals will help me to polish and refine the story in a variety of ways so that it will be exceptional, captivating, and as perfect as possible. I will continue to keep you abreast of our progress and will occasionally give you enticing snippets that keep you eagerly awaiting the release of this second novel in the Surrendered Hearts series.   

No comments:

Post a Comment